“In the event of a cardiac incident, with properly trained responders and an automated external defibrillator (AED) on site, the chances for survival jump from 5% to 75%.” – American Heart Association
Dan Lunger was a 16 year old All-American swimmer at Standley Lake High School in Westminster, CO. Dan died in August, 2006 from an undiscovered heart condition. His parents formed the Lunger Foundation and an AED was donated to the school in his memory and the school’s staff was certified in its use. Two years later, it was used to save another student’s life at that same school.
The Kickstart My Heart program is dedicated to placing Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) packages with youth sports teams, clubs, facilities and schools who otherwise can’t afford one for themselves. These packages include:
– An AED device (Model based on need)
– A two year pre-paid maintenance program
– Training/Certifications for up to 10 coaches, administrators, employees or parents of the recipient organizations.
***To date, this program has raised over $260,000, placed 150+ AED’s around the country, certified well over 2,000 coaches and parents and has been credited with a number of saves.
– Kickstart My Heart packages are available to all youth teams, clubs, sports facilities and schools in the United States.
– In some cases, applicants may be asked to provide a “buy in” donation of $500 to be eligible for placement.
– All interested teams, clubs, facilities or schools must fill out the application and demonstrate a need as governed by Play With Heart to be eligible for placement.
– Applicants will be placed on the wait list and as funds and/or community sponsors become available, packages will be placed.
Community Partnership Program:
The overwhelming need for these life saving devices has grown over the past two years and our fundraising efforts are not quite enough to stay ahead of the game! Enter our new partnership program. We pair local businesses with a youth sports team, club, facility or school in your area that is need of an AED. This local business sponsorship program will literally save lives in your community, and your business can be the hero.